Silkscreen logos imprinted on plastic surfaces is an adaptable promotion choice for organizations and associations. Screen printing is additionally utilized on sustenance holders to list the fixings and other significant data. In any case, imagine a scenario in which you need to reuse the thing. The imprinting on an acrid cream holder can be a blemish on the off chance that you need to fill it with prepared treats to provide for your friends and family. While evacuating the screen printing might be somewhat troublesome, it isn’t unimaginable and can carry new life to those plastic things
Here are two major tricks with which you can make that plastic packaging a new one by removing the screen printing from it. Both the tricks are quite simple and cost-effective and both can be done by using a few items only.
Things required for the hacks
Before starting any procedure, it is necessary that you collect all the major tools or the things that you would need between the processes. Some of the things that are a must to have for these tricks are:
- Chemical-resistant rubber gloves
- Acetone nail polish remover or paint thinner
- Small dishpan
- Ink wash
Hack#1 acetone nail polish remover or paint thinner method
- Start your process by ensuring the safety of your hands. Do not start the procedure without wearing special chemical resistant rubber gloves. The gloves secure your hands from the chemicals present in the acetone remover or the paint thinner.
- The second step is to pour some acetone nail polish remover into a dishpan you have. Take an old rag and put it into the acetone and let it sit there for a while.
- Once the rag is dampened, separate the excessive acetone from the dishpan.
- Now place this soaked rag on the silk printing present on your plastic packaging and leave it there for the next 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, slightly rub the rag over the print. Make sure that the ink starts coming off the plastic. If the ink does not vanish from the plastic, then repeat the above steps. Keep repeating this process until the entire screen printing ink is removed from the plastic.
- Once the ink is removed, now wash the plastic with soap and hot water.
Hack#2 ink wash removal method
- The first step to do in this hack is to get your hands on the chemical resistant gloves to secure your hands.
- Get an ink wash that must have propylene glycol ether and petroleum hydrocarbons in it. Put that into a dishpan that you have.
- Once again take your old rag and put it into the dishpan containing the ink wash.
- Now start to rub the screen printing logo present on the plastic. If the logo’s ink does not start to go off, then dip the rag into the ink wash once again. Continue doing this process until the entire screen printing ink is removed.
- Once the ink is removed, now wash the plastic with normal water.